- Slowly repeat a simple phrase, a mantra, over and over again. Choose a few words that have meaning for you, such as, “At One”, or “Be at peace.”
- Imagine a beautiful flower, see its colour, feel its texture, smell its fragrance.
- Imagine a beautiful place. See the vibrant colours, feel the warmth of the sun, hear the birds, perhaps the sound of the sea, or sunshine glinting off a lake.
- Listen to music designed for meditation.
- Simply listen to your breathing. Breathe in relaxation, breathe out stress.
- How does meditating feel to me?
- What have been my practices in the past?
- Has it been good for me in the past?
- What do I know about meditating?
- Do I know enough about it?
- Can I research it on the internet?
- Will I read books about it?
- Do I believe it is the way into my subconscious?
- Have I experience with the subconscious?
- Do I intend practicing meditation?
You know best which books, videos and courses are right for you. There are many sources of the results of the work of the experts.